Six fun hands-on stations based on the Let’s Move actions steps for kids will help families and children make choices that result in healthy weight.
In the exhibit:
- The amount of sugar in some drinks is enough to leave you feeling “unbalanced” and ready to Drink Smart.
- Puzzle over a menu to fill your plate with healthy food so your family can Prepare Meals Together.
- Hop, jump and kick to Move Everyday. Sign up for your PALA PLUS and be added to our wall of winners!
- A roll of the dice will help you Play on Your Feet.
- The fruits and veggies you’ve eaten recently could help you be a winner in our Fruit and Veggie Bowl.
- Get inspired to Play Outdoors
BONUS! EARN THE PALA PLUS AWARD!
- Sign up for the Presidential Active Lifestyle Award PLUSto build healthy habits of exercise and good food choices. (We provide the award!)
- Join the Let’s Move SD Discovery Center (Group Number: 98336, Group Name: Let’s Move SD Discovery Center)
- Track your exercise (minutes or steps) PLUS focus on building a different healthy eating habit for six weeks. You can do this online or on paper. (Please mail completed forms to Let’s Move South Dakota, 805 W Sioux Ave, Pierre, SD 57501)
- Once you earn a PALA, you will receive a certificate and patch. Send us your picture to be posted on Wall of Winners!
Bring this fun exhibit to your location! Small space friendly! Sets up quickly, moves easily. Activities included! Contact the South Dakota Discovery Center 605-224-8295 to schedule this exhibit at your next health and fitness event. See our exhibit page for information on how to host the exhibit.
Let’s Move South Dakota was developed in response to the public health crisis of rising rates of obesity and overweight. The 2011 report F as in Fat issued by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation reported that more than 13% of South Dakota’s children were obese. About two thirds of South Dakota’s adults are obese or overweight.
The exhibit was developed through generous support from the Wal-Mart state giving program.